LOL, our chi is a 3 1/2 year old rescue.  When we got her she was underweight, but my husband has an issue with feeding canned food (in terms of the end result, if you know what I mean).  Even though she was 2 years old I fed her Purina Puppy Chow for the calories and added nutrients.  She wasn’t thrilled with the dry so we added in REALLY small amount a little of the pan drippings from non-spicy meat that we had for meals.  Never more that 1 or 2 teaspoonsful.

I have to admit that she ate the bites with the steak drippings, chicken drippings or a dab of gray and left the rest at first.  We lowered the amount of drippings and I think we tricked her into eating the dry food.  Now we don’t have to add anything, we free feed and she had maintained a perfect weight. Once she gained to her healthy weight, we switched her to Purina Little Bits Indoor Complete for the simple reason that I thought if she was already eating a Purina brand, she would prefer a Purina mix.  Not top of the line, but I agree with Marsha – no food is bad food if they eat it.  The only bad food is food they refuse to eat.  I know chi’s can easily get chubby so we were really careful about the amount of added stuff we gave her.  Not to mention, my husband’s aversion to feeding canned and guarding against making her dry food into wet food with the drippings.  I wish you luck with your baby. 

~Patricia and Trinity

 


From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Carrie Prados
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 6:16 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] eating

 

If you figure out a way to get them to eat it, share it with me. LOL Mine will not touch the stuff either. 

Carrie 

 

-------Original Message-------

 

From: donnajones51

Date: 8/16/2006 3:05:10 PM

Subject: [Chihuahuas] eating

 


Does anyone know how to get their chihuahua to eat his dry dog food?

I've tried all different brands. Please, anyone give me some ideas.

It's really frusterating. His health is fine. He is so picky.

Thank you,

Donna Jones

 

 

 

 

·     

__._,_.___

" Lets talk about our wonderful little friends!
Join today! "





SPONSORED LINKS
Dog breed gift Chihuahua dog clothes Chihuahua dog clothing
Chihuahua dog Chihuahua


YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS




__,_._,___

Reply via email to