Bella is a very gentle dog, but she is already (after only 2 
weeks) becoming very possessive of this house and me.  A male friend 
came by yesterday, and she didn't get close to him (unless I was 
holding her), but barked until I had to put her into her crate.  
Before long she was carrying on in the crate, and I put her (and it) 
into another room and shut the door.   This is the first time I have 
seen her interact with a man on this property.  On walks, in stores, 
etc, she is very gentle and somewhat shy but tolerates (or enjoys) 
attention and petting.  
    I realize a large part of the problem is fear of
strangers, as well as territoriality.  I had Labs for years, they
loved just about anybody (unless someone came at me aggressively!).
The obedience training I did back then (70s and 80s) was very
different from what is done now, and since Bella is so tiny, I would
not consider risking hurting her at all.
    Other than as much socialization as possible, what specific 
suggestions do y'all have to help me get her past this.  I love
the little girl-dog, but can't stand too much yippiness.  I'm 
checking into an obedience class now, because I am a big fan
of group obedience training, and I want to learn the new
training styles.
Joyce







" Lets talk about our wonderful little friends! 
Join today! "  
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chihuahuas/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to