That is so true Joyce!!! I KNOW i don't have as many as you!!! I just have 9 
and 
I think if I had too many more I wouldn't be able to feed raw either...not 
because of $$ but more because it takes some time. For me I have been able to 
keep the cost right around that of a good kibble but it takes some 
shopping skills...watching sales etc. To feed my 9 I spend about $150-$175 a 
month for raw...Good Kibble is 2.5 bags a month at $135-$145 for Orijen. But I 
do have to shop the sales and then take a day to divide everything up. 
Shopping, 
Dividing and storing for more than 9 would be VERY time consuming!!
 
Waggin' Tails in The Dog Park,
Deanna 

                                                            and
 The Dog Park Pack: 
Nugget, Shuai-Li, Bella, Mouse, Myrtle, Mable, Toby, Caleb and Maxine!!!
and honorary non-dog members of The Dog Park: 
Stella-Macaw, Stanley-Amazon, Miles the cat
www.joys4toys.com




________________________________
From: Joyce mccarthy <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thu, October 21, 2010 6:22:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Re: Thin fur

  
I agree with this...I think some financially can't afford to feed there pet's a 
RAW diet as times are hard enough to put food on the table for families...In my 
case I just have to many to feed...So I do kibble and a mix for them so there 
getting meat plus Dry and Veggies to when I can..But like today my feed bill 
was 
over $400


On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 9:18 PM, [email protected] 
<[email protected]> wrote:

  
>I think there is no right or wrong way to feed your dog. The raw diet maybe 
>better for you dog, but that doeant mean that regular dry, caned or semi moist 
>is totally wrong and doesn't mean you a bad dog mom/owner because you don't 
>feed 
>your dog raw food. I feed swetie the best I can I feed her Wellness I mix 
>between the salmon and chicken flavor and sweet potatoes.... I some times mix 
>in 
>wet food or when I make homemade chicken soup I'll pour some over and she 
>likes 
>it... I make sure to keep her updated on shot and worming and she as health as 
>can be and her coat is shinny and soft...  
>
>
>
>
>-- Sent from my Palm Pre
>
________________________________
On Oct 21, 2010 5:30 PM, dasha <[email protected]> wrote: 
>
>  
>It can still be a nutrition issue and or a systemic health issue. 
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
>Behalf Of charlierom2003
>Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:37 PM
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: [Chihuahuas] Re: Thin fur
>
>Since the coats are thick in most areas, you can know that it is not a
>nutrition issue, and since the dogs are otherwise healthy, you can know it
>is not a systemic health issue. Whats left is genetics, that is most likely,
>and not much you can do about that. I would be VERY CAUTIOUS about making
>any major changes in their diet or other care aspects, since I know you
>don't want to risk the health or well-being of the dogs for some (unlikely
>promises of) thicker hair here or there!
>
>--- In [email protected], Christy Sylvest <cann...@...> wrote:
>>
>> 
>> Hi I have a couple of Chis that have very thin fur in some places. My 
>> blue long coat has a great coat around her head, neck, chest and hind 
>> end, but on her back from her shoulders to just before her tail is 
>> very thin and corse. Any idea what I can do to help her coat? I have 
>> another that is white with chocolate blue spots (unrelated) and her 
>> spots are very thin and corse. they are a completely different 
>> texture than the white fur. The vet doesn't find anything physically 
>> wrong...just thin fur. Is there anything to be done to thicken and 
>> soften the fur? I have had chis with corser coats before...but it was 
>> all the fur and he had a very short smooth coat. Thanks
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> "Whether or not it is clear to you, the world is unfolding as it 
>> should." -Desiderata
>> 
>> Christy Sylvest
>> cann...@...
>>
>
>------------------------------------
>
>" Lets talk about our wonderful little friends! 
>Join today! " Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>


-- 
Joyce 
www.mtnviewchis.webs.com














      

Reply via email to