Hi Marsha...way too funny...feeding raw was one of the factors to me becoming a 
veagan! Messing with that raw meat every day really helped take away any 
cravings I may have had for a meat meal LOL!!! Researching species specific 
diet 
was what led me to the Veagan way...so I owe that to my dogs big time! No 
animal 
products consumed by me!!! Led to feeling 1000 % better...weight loss...clear 
thinking....great skin and hair etc. Just like feeding a species specific diet 
did for my dogs...it just makes sense!!
 
Waggin' Tails in The Dog Park,
Deanna 

                                                            and
 The Dog Park Pack: 
Nugget, Shuai-Li, Bella, Mouse, Myrtle, Mable, Toby, Caleb and Maxine!!!
and honorary non-dog members of The Dog Park: 
Stella-Macaw, Stanley-Amazon, Miles the cat
www.joys4toys.com




________________________________
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thu, October 21, 2010 8:43:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Re: Thin fur

  
Well personally, I am a vegitarian, so I realy don't see myself buying
dead animals for my dogs when I don't buy them for myself, lol. Don't buy
leather, fur, ect.....no animal products that require the death of the
animal......Which can, btw, lead to some pretty pathetic shoes on my feet,
but thats another issue, lol.

But, as for dog food, I feed Ol Roy. Not because of price or quality or
anything else, but because it is the ONLY thing one of my chis can eat and
not end up with a bloody mucusy stool. I tried everything from the
cheapest of foods to the most expensive brands on the market. From dry to
canned, to yes, even meat, and this is the only thing she has been able to
keep down. Since I free feed, everyone has to be able to eat the same
thing.....therefore, everyone, including the cats, eat ol roy dog food
because of Lemon. Can't say my skin kids have ever realy liked the taste,
but they will get over it :-D
Marsha

> Hi
>
> I want to put my 2 cents in here about cheaper canned dog food. when I
> was growing up, (and I am 55 now) I lived with my grandparents alot.
> They had a Boston Terrier named Jiggs, for 18 years!! He lived on the
> old Ross & skippy canned dog food his whole life! He went blind and deaf
> at 18, and they finally had to have him put to sleep.  
>
> My sister has a cat that is almost 19 years old. He is still healthy,
> active, going strong. He has eaten purina cat chow most his life. Within
> the last year he changed to fancy feast canned and still eats dry.
>
> My ex-husband has our shep/husky mix dog and she is now 15 years old.
> She has been feed purina dog chow, pedigree dry, and now she is on
> natural choice. Besides her having a hard time getting up, she is still
> doing well.
>
> So I must ask... What is wrong with basic dog or cat food besides the
> corn issue?
>
> Correct me if I am wrong here... but isn't "meat-by-products" like
> eating what is in raw food? What about the raw alternative dog food
> that is offered? Blue & Freshpet Vital? any opinions? Are they just as
> good? or not?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>  
>
> Shanna
>
>
> --- On Thu, 10/21/10, Joyce mccarthy <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
> From: Joyce mccarthy <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Re: Thin fur
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 6:22 PM
>
>
>  
>
>
>
> I agree with this...I think some financially can't afford to feed there
> pet's a RAW diet as times are hard enough to put food on the table for
> families...In my case I just have to many to feed...So I do kibble and a
> mix for them so there getting meat plus Dry and Veggies to when I
> can..But like today my feed bill was over $400
>
>
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 9:18 PM, [email protected]
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>  
>
>
>
> I think there is no right or wrong way to feed your dog. The raw diet
> maybe better for you dog, but that doeant mean that regular dry, caned
> or semi moist is totally wrong and doesn't mean you a bad dog mom/owner
> because you don't feed your dog raw food. I feed swetie the best I can I
> feed her Wellness I mix between the salmon and chicken flavor and sweet
> potatoes.... I some times mix in wet food or when I make homemade
> chicken soup I'll pour some over and she likes it... I make sure to keep
> her updated on shot and worming and she as health as can be and her coat
> is shinny and soft...  
>
>
>
>
> -- Sent from my Palm Pre
>
>
> On Oct 21, 2010 5:30 PM, dasha <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>  
>
> It can still be a nutrition issue and or a systemic health issue.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
> Behalf Of charlierom2003
> Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:37 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [Chihuahuas] Re: Thin fur
>
> Since the coats are thick in most areas, you can know that it is not a
> nutrition issue, and since the dogs are otherwise healthy, you can know
> it is not a systemic health issue. Whats left is genetics, that is most
> likely, and not much you can do about that. I would be VERY CAUTIOUS
> about making any major changes in their diet or other care aspects,
> since I know you don't want to risk the health or well-being of the dogs
> for some (unlikely promises of) thicker hair here or there!
>
> --- In [email protected], Christy Sylvest <cann...@...> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Hi I have a couple of Chis that have very thin fur in some places. My
>> blue long coat has a great coat around her head, neck, chest and hind
>> end, but on her back from her shoulders to just before her tail is
>> very thin and corse. Any idea what I can do to help her coat? I have
>> another that is white with chocolate blue spots (unrelated) and her
>> spots are very thin and corse. they are a completely different
>> texture than the white fur. The vet doesn't find anything physically
>> wrong...just thin fur. Is there anything to be done to thicken and
>> soften the fur? I have had chis with corser coats before...but it was
>> all the fur and he had a very short smooth coat. Thanks
>>
>>
>>
>> "Whether or not it is clear to you, the world is unfolding as it
>> should." -Desiderata
>>
>> Christy Sylvest
>> cann...@...
>>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> " Lets talk about our wonderful little friends!
> Join today! " Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Joyce
> www.mtnviewchis.webs.com
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

This email contains correspondence from an attorney and may contain
privileged information. If you are not the intended receipient, please
delete.

Do not tell god how big your storm is. Tell the storm how big your God is.

http://taylorstots.tripod.com/




Reply via email to