Hello Shanna:

Like some others have posted, try to find a good trainer and work on why he may 
be angry towards. Yes, he is protective of you. Yes, Chi's are attached to one 
or two people at times. I know I posted the used of using a muzzle before when 
the chi is becoming aggressive. I know others disagree with the use of the 
muzzle but it did help me when one of my Chi's would always try and did bit one 
of the grandkids. After the Chi learned that if he tried to bit, he would get 
the muzzle. After the muzzle was on, then I handed him to the grandkids. Now, 
the grandkids are fine around the Chi without the muzzle. It is to a point to 
where the grandkids will come over and the chi will blow me off and play/sit 
with the grandkids. The six year old will grab the Chi and give him kisses and 
even grab the Chi once when he was drinking/eating. We have told the grandkid 
to 
NEVER do that when any dogs are eating/drinking. But, the Chi was very 
submissive and just rolled over to his side.  As for what we learned from the 
trainer, fast movements will set off our Chi that is more aggressive. 


Good Luck and I hope you keep Ricky.





________________________________
From: Kavi <[email protected]>
To: Chihuahuas <[email protected]>
Sent: Sat, October 23, 2010 6:17:25 PM
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Ricky Needs A New Home, He Is To Aggressive With Family :(

  
Hi Everyone

Well, I have tried to work with Ricky for his aggressive behavior towards 
family 
members, but its gone to far today. My 19 year old daughter was putting his 
t-shirt on, then went to pick him up and he totally became angry and grabbed 
her 
hand between the thumb and finger and would not let go. He broke the skin on 
her 
hand. The other day he tried to bite my husband when he went to pet him. I am 
the ONLY one Ricky will not be angry with. But my family can not live in fear 
of 
a dog. I have never had a chihuahua before, or a dog that was aggressive in any 
way. 

I will be looking for a qualified home for him where its just one adult that 
does not have much company. That is about the only place he could live. He is 
just unpredictable as to what will set him off. 

I will not take him back to the ASPCA... I am not sure if I can find  the right 
home for him even. As much as I love him, my family must come first. If anyone 
has any ideas or places I can call, please let me know. He is 4  years old and 
I 
guess just set in his ways. I have had him not even 3 months yet. I might see 
about a chihuahua rescue. :):) 


Shanna



 
 

 


      

Reply via email to