When do you start feeding them this as a puppy? Ellen
--- In [email protected], Darcy Jacobs <flyway7...@...> wrote:
>
> easy peasy, follow what Jacqueline said... they need bone daily to avoid
> loose poops. mix ground beef ground chicken and liver with bone meal and its
> perfect. use different meats over the month  for variety... one pound beef,
> one lb. chicken, 1/4 lb liver (in blender) bone meal as directed per this
> many meals... i dont know how to figure that but you can add it per servng
> and not in the mix. .. i get ground quarters bone and all and mix with
> ground beef and ground chicken, so its 80-10-5-5. Â thats meat-bone-organ
> (heart and kidney) and the last 5 is liver. the organ is 10% of which half is
> supposed to be liver. this gets way easier ovr time ... he should eat 3% of
> his ideal weight per day. Â ill make a mix and squish it nto an ice tray ,
> several at batch, freeze over night, pop out and ziploc keep frozen. thaw 3
> per day for the next day ... one per meal.. no vitamines needed. dont skip
> the bone or the organs or he will get sick...
> darcy... =)~.. congratulations! he will be so happy and healthy!
>
> --- On Wed, 11/17/10, Jacqueline Crawley-Ewing <jacehome...@...> wrote:
>
>
> From: Jacqueline Crawley-Ewing <jacehome...@...>
> Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] OK, lets talk Raw Feeding again...
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 4:05 PM
>
>
> Â
>
>
>
>
> LOL - but do you eat Raw!? - you did say your dog likes your food.
>
> They get everything they need from Raw [Chihuahuas site] - check out the Raw
> websites. When they eat the bones they get the calcium and the meat offers
> everything else. I think it's 80% meat 10% bone & 10% organ meat. You
> don't have to feed it all each time but over the week the balance should be
> that. Organ meats are rich so only a little.
>
> Veggies are not necessary but it is still a controversial subject. Raw
> Veggies need to be really torn up to open the plant cells so the dog gets the
> nutrition. I've read that pumpkin - not pumpkin pie filling - is a good
> vegetable to have around to help the intestines clean - either from
> constipation or diarrhea.
>
>
> Lots here who feed this way - I don't even have a dog yet!! - just an avid
> researcher. Good luck - it will be interesting hearing how it goes.
>
>
>
>
>
> From: Kavi <kaviescontin...@...>
> To: Chihuahuas <[email protected]>
> Sent: Wed, November 17, 2010 2:54:22 PM
> Subject: [Chihuahuas] OK, lets talk Raw Feeding again...
>
> Â
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi everyone
>
> I know we have about exhausted the raw feeding talk. I want to start feeding
> Ricky Raw. He likes our food so much that I am waisting money on dog food. So
> I would just like a very simple recipe for Ricky. I do not want to grind up
> food. I just want to mix like raw beef, turkey, or chicken, the livers etc
> with veggies and whatever else. what about vitamins? He will get all the
> vitamins he needs in raw?
>
> A meat, livers, veggies? and what about the raw bones? can I just put them in
> a baggie and use a hammer and crush them?
>
> I can read about raw feeding online, but who better to ask than the ones who
> do it here!
>
> Thanks
> shanna
>
------------------------------------
" Lets talk about our wonderful little friends!
Join today! " Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chihuahuas/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chihuahuas/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
[email protected]
[email protected]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email protected]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/