Amen Pam.

 

Judy Moon, a prayer warrior for Christ

"May grace and spiritual peace be yours from God our Father

and from the Lord Jesus Christ."

Jewell, Mary, Martha, Dakota, Becky, Nicky, Gabby, Joy (dogs)

Dark Angel, Peter, Paul, Leah, Sarah, Tag, Ruth, Esther (cats)

Libby, the parrot

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf 
Of Pam Dean
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 7:46 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] cranky behaviot

 

  

Usually that type of behavior is fear, although they behave like they are 
ferocious.lol.. I think they must totally trust in you and know you will 
protect them..as Alpha.  I take mine to the vet and they know I will protect 
them and they have never reacted negativelty. The vet and staff can do anything 
to them as long as I hand them over to them and tell them it is ok.  Of course 
I have had my dogs from puppies so there are no abuse issues in their history 
and I have developed this trust.  If people come over, they do bark at the 
door.  But then they are ordered to quiet.  If they do not listen, they are 
removed to the quiet room.  They hate that because they miss all the fun and 
they are nosy.  After a few minutes, they are let out again.  I think they have 
to understand that negative behavior has consequences and positive gets 
rewards.  When they are let out, and are quiet they get treats.  Most of the 
time they behave.

 

From: C.M. <[email protected]>
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]> 
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 7:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] cranky behaviot

 

  

How did you teach him not to growl at people? My boy won't let anybody get near 
him except me. When people come over, he barks his head off and nips at their 
heels, but calms down in a little bit. How can I fix that?

When I take him to the vet, I have to open his mouth so the doc can see his 
teeth. When I adopted him from the shelter, they said they couldn't exam him 
because he was too fierce and wouldn't allow it.

You know, "writing this out loud" makes him sound like a little terror, but 
he's not really. He's protecting his property and his mom. But at the same 
time, shouldn't he be more calm once people are welcomed inside?

C.

 

From: Pam Dean <[email protected]>
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]> 
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] cranky behaviot

My little one is a little skitzy about people sticking their faces in 
hers..Perhaps because he is very tiny and fearful.  Sees it as a sign of 
aggression.  He is fine with me..probably a mix of trust and being alpha but a 
little skitzy with others.  I have taught him, however, no growling and 
aggression with any human, but you can tell he doesn't much like and I warn 
people.


 

 



  _____  

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1901 / Virus Database: 2109/4760 - Release Date: 01/22/12

Reply via email to