Wow.that is hard.

Did your brother have any problems with him? 

I have never taken Chihuahua Psychology, but I am wondering if it is a type
of resentment.he doesn't want this man (your husband) he wants his daddy
(your brother).

Do you think your husband is a bit tense about this and that JJ is feeling
that?

I really am looking forward to others' answers to this one.

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of Linda
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 5:41 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] cranky behaviot

 

  

I have the same "crankiness" with JJ, my larger chi.  He listens to me,
allows me to do whatever I want (check his ears, clean his nails, give him a
bath, etc), but my husband STILL is not able to give him treats on a daily
basis,and has yet to pet him since my brother passed away.  To my husband's
credit,he has done everything...knelt down, offered his hand, offered
treats, ignored him...) yet JJ still does not trust him and we have had JJ
since September.  We do not allow any hitting of our animals (and have never
even considered it) but what is the next step?  When I was in the hospital
to get surgery for colon cancer,my husband was home alone with both of the
dogs.  Layla (his little poochie) his behind JJ until she knew who it was,
and then it was fine after he came home, but JJ was always hiding from him.
Ideas anyone?  I've even had JJ connected all day with my husband, and he
refuses to look at my husband, goes along reluctantly, STILL will not eat
food from him, and once released races away.  Ideas?


 

 

Linda

 

Image removed by sender.

"You cannot create your future by focusing on the past"





On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM, Pam Dean <[email protected]> wrote:

  

Usually that type of behavior is fear, although they behave like they are
ferocious.lol.. I think they must totally trust in you and know you will
protect them..as Alpha.  I take mine to the vet and they know I will protect
them and they have never reacted negativelty. The vet and staff can do
anything to them as long as I hand them over to them and tell them it is ok.
Of course I have had my dogs from puppies so there are no abuse issues in
their history and I have developed this trust.  If people come over, they do
bark at the door.  But then they are ordered to quiet.  If they do not
listen, they are removed to the quiet room.  They hate that because they
miss all the fun and they are nosy.  After a few minutes, they are let out
again.  I think they have to understand that negative behavior has
consequences and positive gets rewards.  When they are let out, and are
quiet they get treats.  Most of the time they behave.

 

From: C.M. <[email protected]>
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]> 
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 7:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] cranky behaviot

 

  

How did you teach him not to growl at people? My boy won't let anybody get
near him except me. When people come over, he barks his head off and nips at
their heels, but calms down in a little bit. How can I fix that?

When I take him to the vet, I have to open his mouth so the doc can see his
teeth. When I adopted him from the shelter, they said they couldn't exam him
because he was too fierce and wouldn't allow it.

You know, "writing this out loud" makes him sound like a little terror, but
he's not really. He's protecting his property and his mom. But at the same
time, shouldn't he be more calm once people are welcomed inside?

C.

 

From: Pam Dean <[email protected]>
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]> 
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] cranky behaviot

My little one is a little skitzy about people sticking their faces in
hers..Perhaps because he is very tiny and fearful.  Sees it as a sign of
aggression.  He is fine with me..probably a mix of trust and being alpha but
a little skitzy with others.  I have taught him, however, no growling and
aggression with any human, but you can tell he doesn't much like and I warn
people.


 

 

 



<<~WRD000.jpg>>

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>

Reply via email to