REPORT AS OF 6 AUG 14

I have received the weekly harvest report from the US Dep't of Agriculture.
To my surprise and disappointment, they still do not list any start of
harvest for spring wheat and barley. They do promise to start reporting
that next week. In view of that delay of information, I can not finalize a
Chodosh starting date for spring wheat and barley until next week. I do
have a final estimate for the Chodosh start date for oats. In the following
list, the earliest oats dates are not expected to change, However, the
estimates given below of oats being used in different cereal becoming
Chodosh probably will still be revised somewhat. The wheat and barley dates
are still tentative. All this may be somewhat confusing at this time. The
purpose of these bulletins is to pass onto the consumers advanced
information as it becomes available, so that they can start purchasing
items of importance to them for storage and use during the Chodosh season.

FRESHLY BAKED ITEMS USING SPRING WHEAT including breads, challahs, bagels,
rolls, pizza and some cakes and cookies. May be Chodosh in the mid West
(such as Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Minneapolis) after a purchase date of
Aug 10. Elsewhere in the US, Aug 17.

PACKAGED FOODS FROM SPRING WHEAT not including noodles and pasta may be
Chodosh starting a PACKING date of Aug 10, PURCHASE date of Aug 24.

NOODLES AND PASTA may be Chodosh starting  a PACKING date of Aug 17,
PURCHASE date of Sept 3.

BARLEY may be Chodosh starting a PACKING date of  Aug 17, PURCHASE date of
Sept 3.

OATS in non cereal applications, such as oats flour in cookies, may be
Chodosh starting with a PACKING date of Aug 5, PURCHASE date of Aug 19. Oat
meal and other oats products from Quaker may be Chodosh with a PACKING
date of Aug 19, PURCHASE DATE OF  Sept 3. Cereals from most other
manufacturers, the oats may be Chodosh with a PACKING date of Sept 1,
PURCHASE DATE of Sept 15. Cheerios may be Chodosh starting a PACKING date
of Sept 15, PURCHASE date of Oct 1. Remember, these cereal dates will
probably still be revised.

The next report is due (bli neder) next week.

Yoseph Herman