On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Scott Hess <sh...@chromium.org> wrote:

> Since the hang dialog comes up in the future after you've shifted your
> focus elsewhere, if we did any sort of user interaction at all I'd
> rather the plug-in could say "Ask user for permission to disable hang
> monitor for this context right now".  The plug-in hits the breakpoint,
> calls that function, and on successful return falls into the blocking
> mode.  The browser could cache the response so that the user only has
> to be asked once per tab (or browser session).

I still like the plugin being in control of when the warning is disabled --
let's say the user has code which actually has an infinite loop in JS which
gets called by the plugin -- even if I am debugging the Java code and know
the plugin will be unresponsive during that time, I still want to catch the
hang in what to me is user code.

--
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google