2009/3/24 Thomas Van Lenten <thoma...@chromium.org>

> A bunch of process handle code is something we're gonna need to look very
> carefully at.  The filtering via names may be valid on Windows, but on
> Linux, a user could have Chromium running twice (with different
> profiles/user data dirs) pointing at different displays, so we'll have to be
> very careful to make sure it's only acting on the processes in the current
> "instance" and not the other one.
>
> If I remember right when I looked at some of this, the Windows code uses
> the process filter as a hook to scan the windows to find a running Chromium
> and send it a message.  So that whole functionality should be re-abstracted,
> if needed, instead of making it have to work by walking a process list.

Right, this is used so that if the user starts Chrome a second time, it
tells the currently running exe to open a new tab.  This is the standard way
of doing it on Windows, but I don't know how Mac/Linux apps enforce
single-instance semantics.  We should first figure out if this code is
needed before porting it..