I like this proposal.  *I would also like a bugs for P3* which could explain
why it is a P3.  If is it an unimplemented feature, then all tests for that
unimplemented feature could have the same bug.
(Since I do merges and took a while to layout test file bugs from that) I
like option 2.  *BUT I'm concerned that adding someone's email address to
test_fixable will not get any attention.  Right now, when you file a bug,
people get email and the bugs seem to be followed up.*
*
*

BUGS/PRIORITY TRIAGING
Option 1

Addition Pro

Email sent about new bug alerts people to the new issue -- I suppose one
could email people separately when adding their email address to
test_fixable (but this step could easily be missed).

Dave