Hi Chromium,
I usually browse the issue tracker for HelpWanted tags, and try to solve
those bugs. It would be great if more HelpWanted tags would be tagged, so we
can have more variety of bugs to fix. It would be nice if anyone in the team
could go through them and decide whether that bug is _really_ needed. Some
of them which I implemented took hours to figure out, and turned out to be
as a "not needed" patch. And some of them, the reviewer doesn't have time to
review the code because he/she are busy, and then forget to actually review
it. I don't believe it is professional for myself to keep spamming the
review for an update :)

I don't blame the reviewer because they have more important priorities to
take care of and these small patches are not that high priority. I don't
like to be rude or anything, but what happens to those external contributors
who contribute patches, if we wait a long time for our reviews to actually
be reviewed, our source gets out of sync. And when our source gets out of
sync, conflicts may happen which I have to resolve. Then I have to clobber
because something went wrong. Then I have synchronize my patch with repos
because the Chromium source moves pretty darn rapidly. A lot of time spent
for just a small request.

I am just wondering if it is worth contributing patches anymore. We all have
day jobs, and external contributors are usually students or people who come
home after work and code some more (like me). I would like it if there was a
mentor for dedicated newcomers, think of it as a free developer for the
chromium engineer. That way, when we do patches (iterations) we don't feel
left out.

Don't get me wrong, I love looking at the Chromium source code, its
different than the code I look during my day job (Java), its kinda amusing
to play with. But I don't know if its needed or if its needed. I am still
going to gonna land patches, cause I am learning a lot, and knowledge is
always great and maybe one of those patches some person in the world will be
like "pheww finally its been fixed" its nice enjoyment!