Our team has had somewhat of an ad-hoc approach to organizing code
that's different across platforms. In many cases our approach has been
quite good. In others, less so, and there have also been questions
about what the preferred method for writing a certain component in a
cross-platform way.

Last night Ben and I wrote a document that tries to clarify this. It's
a combination of what we're doing now that works well, and what we
probably should be doing:
http://dev.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/conventions-and-patterns-for-multi-platform-development
This is linked to from the "Engineering design documents" page.

If you're starting a new component or reorganizing an existing one,
try to follow these guidelines. It can't possibly cover every case, so
you'll have to use your best judgement.

Feedback from people who have done a lot of this stuff would be great.
Ideally it would be easy to follow and cover most cases for everybody.

Thanks!
Brett