I would recommend looking into how the underlying protocol system is
implemented (what the format of the command is that Windows
dispatches) then writing a script and setting that as the handler. In
Chrome you can launch an app frame like so:

path\to\chrome.exe --app URL

Your script would synthesize the URL based on the data from windows
and the URL format of the webmail provider.

-Ben