On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Linus Upson<li...@google.com> wrote:
> If I recall correctly, the best way we found to measure the total memory
> usage of a multi-process system like chrome was to measure the total commit
> charge of windows as you run the test.

My favorite test is to plot the performance of the app on some
benchmark as a function of the amount of memory the computer
is booted with.
Comparing that plot for two different apps gives you
a pretty clear picture of relative RAM requirements.

Chrome kicked the bejeesus out of Firefox last time I tried
that, but I think that was before Firefox 3.5.
- Dan