On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Marshall Greenblatt
<magreenbl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I imagine this could require complex controls like tree views, icon lists,
> date pickers, etc.  Will we see these controls as native extensions to
> Chromium and WebKit, or is a JavaScript toolkit layer more likely?
> Personally, I would love to see native support for these types of common yet
> complex controls :-).

I don't see why you'd expect there to be more controls than there are now.
 The stated purpose is to get people on the web.  You don't need a date
picker to get on the web.

Also note that many of the things you mention are part of HTML5 (see the
various types under <input>) so they'll be supported in WebKit eventually
anyway.

PK