On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Avi Drissman <a...@google.com> wrote:

> I'm playing around fixing the rough edges of the Mac theme implementation
> and I'm hitting areas where it doesn't seem to be implemented for any
> platform.
>
> First, you said that you were going to make it so that when you install one
> theme it uninstalls all others. Is that coming soon?

I don't know if that's the case.  I believe the intention is that the theme
stays installed, but simply that the app switches to use the new theme.  Is
this right Glen?

I ask because I'm running into the issue where uninstalling a theme (when
> it's the only one left) pulls out the images but leaves residue in the
> Preferences. The bitmap in the window doesn't go away on the uninstall (and
> no "theme change" notification fires), and on restart of the browser I get
> remnants of the color scheme. I'd change the code, but I don't know how that
> would interact with having a second theme sitting around unused (thus the
> first question).

I assume you're talking about uninstalling the theme from
chrome://extensions.  This sounds like a straightforward bug.  We should
just invoke the "reset to default theme" code when we uninstall the current
theme.  On the other hand, I think Glen would prefer that we not show themes
at all on chrome://extensions, which would reduce the need for this
altogether (although it may still be a good idea for correctness).  What do
you think Glen?

How do we want to go with this?

I'd file a bug for the second, but punt on the first.

Erik