Intentional but I have a TODO in the Chromium branch of Rietveld to update
this.  I just synced ~60 changes from trunk to our branch, and now we get a
close button to the left of each issue.  Since everyone with a @chromium
account could edit an issue, I thought it was too easy to accidentally close
others' issues.  So I disabled the give-every-chromium-user-full-access
change.
We can get rid of the close button to the left of issues in our branch, or
with a little bit of work only show it for your issues.  I didn't have time
to do this so I just removed the full access for everyone for now.

What is the preferred behavior?  Whoever feels strongly about this can reply
to this thread or to me and I can implement the popular option.  I don't
feel strongly about any of the options.