On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 11:44 PM, Nico Weber<tha...@chromium.org> wrote:
> `git cl patch` reuses existing issues, so when landing stuff for other
> people, I used to edit the issue on codereview to add "Patch by
> someone+usuallytru...@example.org" before landing. So for me editing
> other people's issues is useful.

$ git cl dcommit --help | grep -- -c
  -c CONTRIBUTOR  external contributor for patch (appended to description)

My typical workflow is:
  grep trung AUTHORS
  <select line with full name>
  git cl dcommit -c "<middle click here>"

I think it'd be neat to somehow use git's distinction of author vs
committer such that when you patch in a cl (with "git cl patch") it
plumbs the rietveld-side author info into the local git commit info
and from there into the svn commit, but I think the mapping of
rietveld username to AUTHORS username isn't very clear.

PS: Personal OKR of responding to 100% of messages mentioning git
remains green.  :D