On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Evan Martin <e...@chromium.org> wrote:

> What's the motivation?

* Due to some technical limitations with the FF libraries, we need to load
them in a separate process.  It also doesn't seem like a good idea to run
code out of an arbitrary library in the main process.
* The first run dialog needs to be displayed very early on in the launch
process since we need to display it before enabling stats and crash
reporting so we can ask for the user's consent.  The dialog is brought up
before we've fully initialized Cocoa which is concerning in terms of it's
interaction with the main app runloop, There are also UI artifacts -
http://crbug.com/19643

Best regards,
Jeremy