On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Ben Goodger (Google)<b...@chromium.org> wrote:
> I actually don't like having a mix of HTML/native UIs in the product.
> When we switched to the NTP from the old Destinations page we made the
> decision to have the content of tabs feel webby and the content of
> dialogs feel dialoggy.
>
> As a result the NTP now feels pleasantly webby, but many of the HTML
> dialogs don't feel dialoggy (focus issues, key accelerators, etc).

This is why I decided to go with native for the install dialog.

I feel like doing this the way that the about dialog is done would be
incredibly painful and buggy because of wrapping issues. Also, at
least on my machine (I am one of those weirdos that uses vista with
the classic theme), the about dialog does not look right. The
alignment of the links is slightly off.

I would prefer to use the platform APIs that already know how to do
this correctly. I'm thinking of adding something like
set_bold_delimiter(const std::string&) on Label. You could use it like
this:

myLabel->set_bold_delimiter("*");
myLabel->set_text("hello *world*");

Is this totally lame?