An external contributor was recently surprised that a change tested
on linux was reverted because it broke the build on windows.
(His mental model was that linux developers don't have to
worry about other platforms, that's what windows developers are for.)
He said that none of the doc at dev.chromium.org covered this, so I had a look.

http://dev.chromium.org/developers/core-principles
lists four core categories:  Speed, Security, Stability, and Simplicity.
Under Stability, it says

"We try to write as many automated tests as we can, to make sure that
the product is still functioning as intended. We close the tree when
the tests fail. We revert changes that break them."

That seems to cover it, but it is a bit buried, and it doesn't
really announce our commitment to full support of all three
platforms.

Anyone think we need to add some text that emphasizes that developers need
to worry about more than just their own platform?