On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 3:49 PM, John Abd-El-Malek <j...@chromium.org> wrote:

> Given that sqlite corruption means (repeated) crashing of the browser
> process, it seems this data heavily suggests we should separate sqlite code
> into a separate process.

What does this mean for cases like the in-memory URL database, which is
sqlite code running on a completely in-memory dataset?  This is currently
used synchronously inside the UI threas to do things like inline
autocomplete.  We _cannot_ make it async or move it to another thread.

So are you proposing to move _some_ sqlite accesses elsewhere?

(Personally, I don't think this paper is evidence that we should move sqlite
into a separate process, for similar reasons as to Scott.)

PK