I want to make it clear, and it might be obvious by now, but
test_shell isn't interesting to me. I just want the fastest browser
engine that I can get.

What makes Chromium different than WebKitGTK+ for my project, is that
Chromium renders the GTK stuff correctly with CSS transformations.
It's also snappier.

Making the rendering part of Chromium easier to use for open source
project would benefit projects such as mine or uzbl for instance. uzbl
is a WebKitGTK+ browser that is controlled similar to Vim.

I realize that CEF is an effort at making it easier to embed Chromium,
but if it's based on test_shell, then well... what about the platform
optimalizations? Are they easy to get into CEF, or does it have to
play catch-up?

--
Best regards/Med vennlig hilsen,

Alexander Teinum