I am trying to use the desktop notifications in an extension but I
couldn't find a way to access any Chrome APIs inside a notification.
Is there any way to do that?  If not, is it possible to exchange
messages for *indirect* access to the extension data like content
scripts and their parent extension?

Thanks.
Raymond Lee