I have a corrupt profile.
Scott Hess wanted to know about these kinds of things, so I e-mailed him
more than a week ago, but he did not answer.
Is it still interesting and if so, who should I contact? I am willing to
share any information in order to correct the problem.

The problem is that I cannot install extensions anymore.
I am using the latest Dev version, 4.0.237.0.
I downloaded an extension (for example, Vince's
Clock<http://code.google.com/p/vince-s-clock/>)
and it tries to save it as "unconfirmed 95171.download".
It does not matter whether I save it or change the name to x.crx, it will
not load the extension installation window.
Instead, it shows me the "Windows cannot open the file" 'open file with an
unknown extension' dialog.
The file it says it cannot open, is the original file name, not the
.download one
Trying the same procedure with Chrome and a different profile works.

Thank you.

☆PhistucK