unable to synchronize correctly if the two configured NTP servers don't agree
on a time (i.e. the source intervals don't overlap).

In one specific case the customer has two NTP servers:
#1: Windows Server 2012 R2 NTP Server (Stratum 14) running in a VM (yes, I know
- probably not a good idea)
#2: Cisco router with NTP server (Stratum 3)

chronyc sources:
MS Name/IP address         Stratum Poll Reach LastRx Last sample
^x <server 1>               14   7   377    90  +1518us[+1518us] +/-  23ms
^x <server 2>                3  10   377   248   -248ms[ -248ms] +/-  66ms

chronyc sourcestats:
Name/IP Address            NP  NR  Span  Frequency  Freq Skew  Offset  Std Dev
<server1>             13  7    25m     +0.090      1.386  +2099us  543us
<server2>              7  5   102m    -41.170      0.662   -258ms  371us

After comparing the source intervals, the "Can't synchronise: no majority"
message is emitted if the two servers don't agree on a time.
sources.c:907
  Could not even get half the reachable sources to agree and there are no
trusted sources - clearly we can't synchronise

I know the situation is not ideal and the customer should probably just use
better servers but shouldn't chrony just pick the "better" of the two servers
in this case (#2 with stratum 3)?
There's a comment in sources.c:869 which seems to indicate it should:
  The first case is just bad luck - we need extra sources to
  detect the falseticker, so just make an arbitrary choice based
  on stratum & stability etc.

Or is there maybe a configuration option I'm missing? Setting one of the
sources to "trusted" manually is most likely not an option for us since the
servers may be assigned by a DHCP server.

Thanks for your help,
Niko