Hi!

1. If you grab chuck_win32.c and chuck_win32.h off the dac-ugen-replacement
branch and rebuild, then can you successfully parse scripts with the
"global" keyword? It looks like those never got regenerated on the main
branch after the introduction of "global". If you grab those two from
dac-ugen-replacement and it starts working on your machine, then I'll be
sure to forward that fix onto the main branch.
2. setGlobalString and many others are only present on the
dac-ugen-replacement branch. If you need to work with global strings,
you'll need to be operating from the dac-ugen-replacement branch for now!
The master branch only contains basic accessors for global ints, floats,
and Events.

Best,
Jack

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 3:23 PM Dana Batali <dana.bat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oops - here's the code that doesn't compile:
>
> fun void PlayImpact( float intensity ) {
>  // play a collision sound...}
>
> global Event impactHappened;
> global float impactIntensity;
> while( true ) {
>  impactHappened => now;
>  spork ~
>
> Also: regarding chuck.h.  I did discover the valuable methods:
>
> setGlobalInt()
> setGlobalFloat()
> signalGlobalEvent()
> broadcastGlobalEvent()
>
> If I can get these to work, I'll be "on my way" (I think...).
>
> fwiw: setGlobalString() appears to be missing...
>
> Thanks again for your help!
>

> On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 3:16 PM Dana Batali <dana.bat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jack and thank you for your response!
>>
>> Indeed the external keyword doesn't produce a syntax error, so that's a
>> sign that miniAudicle is a bit behind the times.
>>
>> Regarding builds, I have been building out of the master branch and am
>> continuing to investigate why the global keyword is producing a syntax
>> error in my own mainline builds.  If I replace global with external, i see
>>
>>  [test.ck]:line(1): 'external' keyword is deprecated. please use 'global'
>>
>> So something good is happening.  That said, the following .ck file, taken
>> from the chunity paper, doesn't compile:
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 10:07 AM Jack Atherton <l...@ccrma.stanford.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> 1. It's possible that the Windows build of miniAudicle is a little
>>> behind. I can't remember when it was built. Do things work in miniAudicle
>>> if you use the (now-deprecated) "external" keyword instead of "global"?