From: 'Antoine Capet' via ChurchillChat <>
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2018 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: [ChurchillChat] Hollywood Rewards Mass Murderer - Read All About

Sorry, but I cannot imagine even a "liberal" newspaper publishing "opinion
pieces that are not in accord with its own editorial positions".

This Indian official's text is venomous - and the paper knew it and
deliberately published it regardless.

"They hate us", your President correctly said of other people in another
context - this fully applies to this Indian official : "he hates Churchill" -
full stop.

No educated editor (as one may expect of a publication with a claim to
seriousness) could miss the fact - and the paper did not publish a paragraph
distancing itself from the offensive opinion proffered. So it endorses it by

With all best wishes,

Antoine CAPET, FRHistS
Professor emeritus of British Studies
University of Rouen