Chris,

I subscribed to the Wapo for about 10 years, after moving out east in the
mid-90's - but then could no longer stand to pay for what was happening to the
paper.  I dropped the sub and since then have read it only online.

I do agree with your point about the fact that they carry periodic guest
columns from those who do not correctly toe the party line.  It may be the
cynic in me, but I believe many of them are placed in there as good red meat
just to get the righteous riled up and the twitterati reaching for their
keyboard pitchforks.  Ed Rodgers is a good example.  Clickbait, after all,
helps pay the bills.

However, I am curious as to how you come to the conclusion that this article
does not 'accurately reflect the Post's editorial position'.  Based on prior
output, what is their editorial position on WSC? The article seems to me to fit
right in with what has been a generally sympathetic attitude to items such as
the tearing down of statues and 'decolonialisation' (whatever the heck that
is).

On the positive side, I used to love the Post's comics page - until they shrunk
it beyond readability.  And did away with the Book World section. :-)

Cheers,

Dave