On Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 3:37:03 PM UTC-4, Cita Stelzer wrote:

> I don’t see Volume 20 as being available now. Antoine Capet's review
> whetted the appetite.....
> Does anyone know the official pub date for DOCS 20?

*Document Volume 20 is available from the HIllsdale College Bookstore for
$60 ($51 to ICS members): http://bit.ly/2HbVDxa*
*If you have a standing order you will receive your copy shortly.*

An amazing bargain fir 2576 pages. (Before Hillsdale reprinted them, the
old Companion Volumes to Vol 5 were so rare they sold for $500 apiece.)
Incidentally, the pagination of the old volumes is unchanged in the new--so
all page references remain uniform, regardless of which you have.

*Here is a summary of Volume 20, NORMANDY AND BEYOND: MAY - DECEMBER 1944 *

Hardcover, 2576 pages. This volume relates Churchill's story from the
cross-Channel invasion of France to the end of the war's fifth full year.
During these eight months, Churchill traveled 35,000 miles, wrote more
than1,600 pieces of correspondence, and delivered over two dozen speeches.
He hosted the first wartime conference of British Empire and Commonwealth
prime ministers. He deliberated with the Allied military commanders over
the impending invasion of southern France. He met with President Roosevelt
in Quebec and with Premier Stalin in Moscow. He attempted to convince the
Polish Government-in-Exile to make a deal with the Soviets and thus save
their nation. These stories are known and preserved by Churchill's letters,
telegrams, minutes, and speeches. This volume contains that record.

Larry P. Arnn summarizes the significance to Churchill of these eight
months: "By the end of the year, one could read the future of the world in
the positions of the mighty armies closing in from all sides on Nazi
Germany and Japan. Churchill read this future with alarm. The Nazis and
their allies were soon to be beaten, but would the Soviets dominate Europe?
Except at the margins, Churchill had neither time nor strength to alter the
position of those armies, but he kept trying. This sometimes placed him at
odds with the United States, but he never forgot its importance for the war
and the peace to follow."

*Churchill Society members receive a 15% discount = $51.00 each.) Regular
price = $60.00 eac. Buy all Document Volumes for discount $48.00 each. Buy
all Document and Biographic Volumes (28 to date) for $42.00 each. (The
discount will not appear on your confirmation, but will given to you at the
time your order is processed.) Shipping via media mail, through Hillsdale
College Press; rates calculated when your order is shipped. (Additional
rates for International orders.)