On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 9:29:51 AM UTC-5, Gary Santos wrote:

> I'm researching the history of the aircraft carrier USS Randolph. Winston
> Churchill visited the USS Randolph on October 26, 1958 in Canne, France.
> Supposedly, this was his first visit to a US warship since the end on WWII.
> Does anybody have background information of this event?

Just ran across your post while doing some research of my own.  I am now
the Secretary/Editor of the USS Randolph Reunion Association.  We meet once
a year. This year we will be in Kissimmee, FL on Sept. 23-30.  On October
26, 1958 I was an Airman on the USS Randolph.  When we were in port, I was
the Captain's driver.  Earlier in October, 1958 I had driven the Randolph
CO, Captain Strean & his wife Janet to the Reeves villa for lunch with
Churchill.  On the 26th I led his limo to our helicopter at the Nice
Airport and helped him aboard,.  Attached is a brief article I wrote for
our newsletter several years ago.

Send me your email address and I will put you on our list to receive future
newsletter (3/year).