--- In cia-drugs@yahoogroups.com, JSvj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

was digging myself today. By now I realized I heard about it many
times before, just not in a coherent "digestible" way.

I try to understand Clare Spark's ideas on multiculturalism and social
democrats see Links further down:
http://hnn.us./articles/4533.html

Just read her Pacifica memoirs: "A kind of home".

I think the author of the forward is one of Kris' "friends":

<Quote> From a small conference "to explore the role of education in
combating racial discrimination," Martha's Vineyard, July 1968,
published as Racism and American Education: A Dialogue and Agenda for
Action, Foreward by Averell Harriman, Harper and Row, 1970:

[Kenneth Clark (President of the Metropolitan Applied Research Center,
Inc. Member of the New York State Board of Regents, and Professor of
Psychology at City College of New York):]...I don't see how we can
avoid coming to the conclusion that teachers, who are supposed to be
professionals with confidence in the potential of human beings, are
deficient in areas in which higher education is supposed to provide
knowledge.  In some research among teachers selected by their
principals to discuss teaching with us, the common denominator,
interestingly enough true of Negro teachers as well as white teachers,
was a profound illiteracy on what you would consider critical areas of
knowledge.  I mean the attitudes, well not just the attitudes, but the
knowledge of cultural anthropology or modern and contemporary
knowledge about race and racial differences and racial potentialities
or social psychology...They were really illiterate...in areas of
social science that were relevant to their jobs (52) <Quote End>

http://h-net.msu.edu/cgi-bin/logbrowse.pl?trx=vx&list=H-Antisemitism&month=0509&week=&msg=Je1Bn2lJ1mN4gQXDpiEl9g&user=&pw=

http://h-net.msu.edu/cgi-bin/logbrowse.pl?trx=vx&list=H-Antisemitism&month=0509&week=&msg=o%2bMAFjkMDxq5RW77O3Lk/w&user=&pw=

But today the context lightened up slightly:
http://www.radio4all.org/fp/
http://www.ominous-valve.com/pacific.html

But thanks anyway, I'll follow your links. That's expert knowledge too
it seems.

-b

http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpgUKB/pzNLAA/cUmLAA/vseplB/TM