Title: FW: Gore Vidal: President Jonah
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 1:42 PM
Subject: Gore Vidal: President Jonah

----- Original Message -----
From: FPF
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 10:12 AM
Subject: FW: Gore Vidal: President Jonah

FW: Gore Vidal: President Jonah
http://tinyurl.com/88yax
L.S.!

An American friend send me this story by Gore Vidal: it really is a
very good description of the present state of the US Empire, and
worth every minute of your time.

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:35:55 +0800
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Henk,

You will enjoy this one, I surely did. It's three separate pages online.

http://www.truthdig.com/dig/item/20060124_president_jonah

Jim

QUOTE FOR STARTERS:

President Jonah

A Dig led by Gore Vidal

While contemplating the ill-starred presidency of G.W. Bush, I looked about for some sort of divine analogy. As usual, when in need of enlightenment, I fell upon the Holy Bible, authorized King James version of 1611; turning by chance to the Book of Jonah, I read that Jonah, who, like Bush, chats with God, had suffered a falling out with the Almighty and thus became a jinx dogged by luck so bad that a cruise liner, thanks to his presence aboard, was about to sink in a storm at sea. Once the crew had determined that Jonah, a passenger, was the jinx, they threw him overboard and‹Lo!‹the storm abated. The three days and nights he subsequently spent in the belly of a nauseous whale must have seemed like a serious jinx to the digestion-challenged whale who extruded him much as the decent opinion of mankind has done to Bush. - [end quote] - Do yourself a favor and read the rest at Url.: http://tinyurl.com/9wkux

Fwd. by:

FOREIGN PRESS FOUNDATION
http://forpressfound.blogspot.com/
Editor: Henk Ruyssenaars
http://tinyurl.com/amn3q
The Netherlands
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

* "Sarah, if the American people had ever known the truth about what we Bushes have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched."  -  George Bush Senior speaking in an interview with Sarah McClendon in December 1992. - 'The Demonic Cabal - (excellent article!)  - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/bvtvd

* GORE VIDAL - (perfect story at Url.:
http://tinyurl.com/88yax) -  ''One way that a majority of citizens can help open the road back to Crawford is by heeding the call of a group called 'The World Can¹t Wait' - They believe that the agenda for 2006 must not be set by the Bush gang but by the people taking independent mass political action. - see their website, worldcantwait.org - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/aota2

ON JAN. 31, THE NIGHT OF BUSH¹S NEXT STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS, they have called for people in large cities and small towns all across the country to join in noisy rallies to make the demand that ³Bush Step Down² the message of the day. At 9 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, just as Bush starts to speak, people can make a joyful noise and figuratively drown out his address. Then on the following Saturday, Feb. 4, converge in front of the White House with the same message: "Please step down and take your program with you."

* Entertainer Harry Belafonte, one of the Bush neocon administration¹s harshest critics, compared the US Homeland Security Department to the Nazi Gestapo - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/8uvoe

* Google search "Biggest threat to world peace" - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/dk2lj

* MSNBC - Live Vote: Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment? - Url.: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10562904/

* 'American Military Personnel - Know Why You're Being Sacrificed' - by Robert L. Johnson: "When I joined the United States Marines in September of 1973, I swore an oath..." -  Url.: http://tinyurl.com/75pl3

* 'The war in Iraq is illegal' - BBC: video & text-interview of the United Nation's Secretary General Kofi Annan - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/5pl2v

* "People do not forget. They do not forget the death of their fellows, they do not forget torture and mutilation, they do not forget injustice, they do not forget oppression, they do not forget the terrorism of mighty powers. They not only don't forget: they also strike back." - 2005 Nobel Literature Prize winner Harold Pinter - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/9cyeq

* The 9/11 WTC drama was PNAC terror - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/9np7d   -   It was an inside job - Google - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/7tj9d

* Who's financing? - The 'Federal Reserve' and it's usurers is the absolute biggest crime against all humanity ever. - Url.: http://www.apfn.org/apfn/reserve.htm

* 'Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one' ‹ A.J. Liebling - The infamous US 'Lie Factory' - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/8ncal

*A FREE and working press in Kansas - Pls. read the 'Fightin' Cock Flyer' - Url.: http://fightincockflyer.blogspot.com/

* Help all the troops - of whatever nationality - to come back from abroad! - AND WITH ALL THEIR WEAPONS, WHICH WE WERE FORCED TO PAY FOR BY TAXES - [http://www.apfn.org/apfn/reserve.htm ] - We need them badly at home in many countries to fight with us against our so called 'governments' and their malignant managers - Url.: http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/

FPF-COPYRIGHT NOTICE - In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107 - any copyrighted work in this message is distributed by the Foreign Press Foundation under fair use, without profit or payment, to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the information. Url.: http://liimirror.warwick.ac.uk/uscode/17/107.html

* It's very unlikely, but if you would prefer to unsubscribe from the FPF-list: Pls. just send an email in return with the word 'unsubscribe'.

FPF-fwd.:

Handbook for bloggers and cyber-dissidents

Blogs get people excited. Or else they disturb and worry them. Some people distrust them. Others see them as the vanguard of a new information revolution. Because they allow and encourage ordinary people to speak up, they¹re tremendous tools of freedom of _expression_.

Bloggers are often the only real journalists in countries where the mainstream media is censored or under pressure. Only they provide independent news, at the risk of displeasing the government and sometimes courting arrest.

Reporters Without Borders has produced this handbook to help them, with handy tips and technical advice on how to to remain anonymous and to get round censorship, by choosing the most suitable method for each situation.

It also explains how to set up and make the most of a blog, to publicise it (getting it picked up efficiently by search-engines) and to establish its credibility through observing basic ethical and journalistic principles.

Site - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/b4kxj

There is a risk however, even if you can buy a good working car from Al Capone...: "Reporters Without Borders Unmasked": Its Secret Deal with Otto Reich to Wreck Cuba's Economy - By DIANA BARAHONA - at Url.: http://tinyurl.com/8e6dv

[...]

*** DO NOT POST ILLEGAL INFORMATION. Identifying agents is a criminal offense. Please also respect the rights of other individuals.

*** FAIR USE NOTICE. This message contains copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. CIA Tradecraft is making it available without profit to CIA Tradecraft Yahoo! Groups members who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information in their efforts to advance the understanding of intelligence and law enforcement organizations, their activities, methods, techniques, human rights, civil liberties, social justice and other intelligence related issues, for non-profit research and educational purposes only. We believe that this constitutes a 'fair use' of the copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Law. If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use,' you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

For more information go to:
http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS