Hi Joyce,

Thanks for your reply.

On Apr 13, 2010, at 7:39 PM, joyce mcintosh wrote:

> These are change notification messages to Explorer to tell it that
> something has changed and it needs to refresh. They should occur
> when, for example, a new file is created. Explorer requests such
> notifications. When you shut down Explorer it stops requesting
> these notifications and hence you stop seeing the traffic.
>
> Joyce

I see. Thanks for clearing this up.

But this does not explain why I get 10.000 of these requests every second, at
the same second that I enter the share. Nothing on the server is being
written/updated that much, and this is happening around the clock, in any
directory on the server. The server is not that busy, and this starting
happening from day to day.

I tried creating a "temp" folder, moving all folders and files to that folder
in the same share. It continued to happen even after I moved all the data
there, even though no applications or clients should be able to read/write to
anything.

Is there any way to enable some kind of verbose debugging to see what is
actually happening here?

kind regards,
Kasper