+==========================================
| 1) OS and Hardware
+==========================================
SunOS dsshare01 5.11 snv_111b i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris

As far as CIFS service is concerned, snv_111b is unstable. You should upgrade to the latest available build.

Regards,

Natalie

keegam wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Adding debug output to syslog yielded no new output.

r...@dsshare01:/tmp# svcs smb/server
STATE          STIME    FMRI
online         Jul_07   svc:/network/smb/server:default

cifs-gendiag Hangs on section 8 (the sharemgr show -vp command) so I have
commented that out. It also hangs under 8.3, at the command 'smbadm list'. It
shows the following, then sits there

[*] [TA_MEDIA]
[*] [UAMHO.COM]

Attached is a text file with the output from the rest of the script. Again, any
domains like uamho or tamtse are old configurations. The new domain I need to
join is de-ent.com.