I have successfully created two different shares that require different user
authentications such that user A can only access share X but not Y and user B
can only access share Y but not X.

The problem I have is that I want to be able to access both shares at once from
a Windows computer (XP and 2003 Server family).

When I'm on a windows computer, is it possible to use multiple file sharing
instances to that I can access both shares in the same session? As it is now,
it seems like I can only access shares belonging to one user at a time. If I
try to access a share belonging to the other user I get "Access Denied" instead
of a login prompt. Does anyone know how to reauthenticate so as to switch user
without rebooting, in case multiple instances wouldn't be possible?