I have a strange issue and have exhausted my knowledge so here it goes.

I have a datapool which has been shared via CIFs (setting up CIFs in workgroup
doc followed)

>From my Win7 box I can connect to the share by typing in
>\\192.168.1.5\datapool and see all the folders.

My issue is that I can not move or delete any files or folders (Win7 explorer
crashes and restarts)

On the OS box I have tried
chown -R ezeki:root /datapool
chmod -R 777 /datapool

>From the win7 box this is what I see
properties of a folder (\\192.168.1.5\datapool\finance) the read only attribute
is on
the security tab of the folder shows "security properties are unavailable or
access is denied" (not the exact message as I am not on the win7 machine at the
moment)