On 04/10/12 08:22, Chris Ridd wrote:
On 10 Apr 2012, at 16:13, SSE - Martin Riethmüller wrote:

If you sniff the CIFS traffic in the two cases, can you see what each client is
doing and what each server is sending back? Chris
I've never done this before but I want to do my best...
Which tool should I use for network sniffing on W7 ? Martin
I would sniff it on the server - snoop on Solaris, tcpdump on Linux. Use "-s 0"
in both cases and write the output to a file.

Then use Wireshark (on any convenient machine) to open those saved files...

I think the Windows version of Wireshark will also install something that will
let you sniff traffic.

Chris