How is cinelerra-gg in a professional environment? Is it going to have lots of alpha like bugs being bleeding edge?
On Sat, Apr 10, 2021, 11:18 AM Phyllis Smith via Cin < [email protected]> wrote: > The analogy with having the right "bit" for a screwdriver is a great > analogy by Stefan! I have a screwdriver set that has 25 variation of bits > and still may not have the newest strange one and then there are at least > 10 that have never been used. This seems quite analogous to cinelerra-gg. > > 1) Stability is pretty good in my opinion. > 2) You can view comparison yourself by reviewing: > https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/differences.pdf > but really only GG works reliably and with a great manual: > https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual.pdf > 3) You should just try it simply by downloading: > https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/images/CinGG-202010331-x86_64.AppImage > changing the mode to executable (chmod +x CinGG-202010331-x86_64.AppImage) > and then running it. > 4) Since I know next to nothing about animation, the opinion of Stefan is > most valuable. There is a very short description in section 17.5 of the > manual describing Festival (simple animation) that was written over 20 > years ago so is most likely irrelevant to you. > > > On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 4:26 AM Zeke Williams via Cin < > [email protected]> wrote: > >> How good is cinelerra[-gg] for animation post production? I mean >> traditional animation taken with a camera and then has to be edited on a >> computer. Also, if I expect stability, how good is cinelerra-gg for that? >> Would I be better off with a different version of cinelerra rather than >> cinelerra-gg? Thank you. >> -- >> Cin mailing list >> [email protected] >> https://lists.cinelerra-gg.org/mailman/listinfo/cin >> > -- > Cin mailing list > [email protected] > https://lists.cinelerra-gg.org/mailman/listinfo/cin >
-- Cin mailing list [email protected] https://lists.cinelerra-gg.org/mailman/listinfo/cin

