On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 9:18:27 PM CEST, mnieuw--- via Cin wrote:
For creating animations, would one not use something like
StopMotion or QstopMotion, and just import the created
images into Cinelerra? What are multiple layers for then? Or do
I misunderstand?
In case of "old school" animation working with cells (transparent film) one
could have multiple cells stacked upon eachother, typically having a bigger
background moving at a different speed to create a parallax effect. Each
layer masks out the other one. The most simple animation would have a
background and a foreground where the character is drawn.
But what Cinelerra does not really expose is the technical aspects for
example one, two's, in betweens. I think you would visually want to
see
those aspects as well, similar to metadata within the compositor.
I am not familiar with animations, other than Michael Hickox on
YouTube, what are the technical aspects you refer to?
Things about ones, and twos... (marking for example that it is the same
image duplicated)
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_MDprx3tOU>
What scene are we in. Just basic stuff that you would want to have on any
serious production, including timecodes.
--
Stefan
--
Cin mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.cinelerra-gg.org/mailman/listinfo/cin