On Sunday, May 2, 2021, Andrew Randrianasulu <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > On Sunday, May 2, 2021, Andrea paz via Cin <[email protected]> > wrote: > >> Hi, regarding the attempt to use ffmpeg-4.4, I realized that from a >> certain point on the mails became private between Andrew and me and >> therefore they do not appear in the mailing list. I will report here >> the content of those mails, but I anticipate that I could not get >> CinGG to work with ffmpeg-4.4. >> >> Me: >> Excluding patch5 we came close to completing the build. Now the errors >> are about bdwrite and lv2. >> Note: in Arch Linux lv2 are located in "usr/lib/lv2". >> (thanks for the help you're giving me!) >> >> Andrew: >> Oh, this api hiding patch landed (it was reverted for 4.4 releases as >> far As i know) >> >> Try additionally patch Cin with this: >> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Randrianasulu/CinelerraGG- >> slackbuild/master/ffmpeg.git_internal_api.patch >> >> And may be >> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Randrianasulu/CinelerraGG- >> slackbuild/master/mainerror_gcc5.diff >> >> >> Me: >> I am unable to patch the sources. I get the following error: >> >> >> $ patch -p3 ffmpeg.C < ffmpeg.git_internal_api.patch >> patching file ffmpeg.C >> Hunk #3 succeeded at 4068 (offset 124 lines). >> patching file ffmpeg.C >> Hunk #1 FAILED at 89. >> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file ffmpeg.C.rej >> >> >> (the same error exists also when I don't put -pX, or I put p0, p1, etc) >> >> The contents of ffmpeg.C.rej are: >> >> >> --- a/cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/mainerror.h >> +++ b/cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/mainerror.h >> @@ -89,7 +89,7 @@ private: >> >> // format text to error dialog listbox >> >> -static inline void eprint1(const char *func, const char *fmt, ...) >> +static void eprint1(const char *func, const char *fmt, ...) >> { >> char err_msg[1024], *cp = err_msg, *ep = cp + sizeof(err_msg)-1; >> va_list va; >> >> >> I don't understand; first I patched mainerror.h and it seems OK. Then >> I patched ffmpeg.C and it gives me the error, but the error seems to >> refer to mainerror.h and not to ffmpeg.C. >> >> I also tried to reverse the order of the patches but the result does not >> change. >> >> I think working on the code is beyond my capabilities and I'm wasting >> your time unnecessarily. >> >> >> Andrew: >> Try with git apply? >> >> >> Me: >> Error, again: >> >> $ git apply ffmpeg.git_internal_api.patch >> error: patch failed: cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/mainerror.h:89 >> error: cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/mainerror.h: patch does not apply >> >> >> Andrew: >> May be this part already change by previous patching? I think i rolled >> two patches into one at some point.. Try to revert smaller patch >> first? >> >> >> Me: >> I've tried the patch revert; I've tried re-downloading all the source >> and doing new tests. The result is always failure. I should know how >> to get my hands on the code to find solutions to errors. But since I >> don't know how to do that I would say I give up. Sorry for all the >> time wasted. Thank you. >> >> Me: >> I attach the log of an attempt with only the mainerror_gcc5.diff patch > > > > This will not work, it was at best supposed to go in with patch exposing > now internal api (hack, we not supposed to do so.. But it was path of least > resistance for me). I think you can drop this patch for now.. > > > I started with a new "git clone" in order to have the system clean. >> ffmpeg.git_internal_api.patch still doesn't work; probably due to my >> Arch linux having differences with your Slackware. >> >> Trying to replace ffmpeg-4.3 with ffmpeg-4.4 I don't know how to do in >> a static build. But I guess that's beyond my poor skills as well. >> > > > Hm, try to move ffmpeg-4.3 from thisrdparty/src part of your Cin tree some > where, along with corresponding patches. Now put 4.4 xz compressed tarball > from ffmpeg site at its place, and copy (with renaming, like 'cp > ffmpeg.git.patch0 ffmpeg-4.4.patch0') ffmpeg.git* patches to ffmpeg-4.4* > one by one (do not forgot to modify patch3 and leave out patch 2 and 4, and > add ffmpeg_internal-api as ffmpeg-4.4.patchC for example. But this last > step only needed if revert in 4.4 was incomplete.. Try w/o this patch > first, if build fails in ffmpeg-related Cin source - only then try to put > it back) > And also update configure. Ac: http://git.cinelerra-gg.org/git/?p=goodguy/cinelerra.git;a=blob;f=cinelerra-5.1/configure.ac;h=ceddac2ac14f1e977375c3adec15b217431e7d26;hb=HEAD There is entry about ffmpeg-4.3, change it to 4.4, and rerun atutogen.sh Sorry for not mentioning this earlier Ps: Natron 2.4.0 is out.. They update their ffmpeg integration, so AV1 and CineformHD should work there.. https://github.com/NatronGitHub/Natron/releases/tag/v2.4.0 Ps2: for ffmpeg api changes mplayer-dev-end list might be useful as well: http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2021-May/thread.html#73993 > > In theory I can try to connect to your machine via ssh, but i never tried > this from Android tablet (with termux installed). If you wish to go via > this route - i think you better to set up separate user for me on your > machine, and give me login info in private (i use local Internet provider, > so may be we can even restrict logins to my current ip) >
-- Cin mailing list [email protected] https://lists.cinelerra-gg.org/mailman/listinfo/cin

