IMHO I think that the right place for "Alt+h" could be the "Tip of the day" window. There, there is more room to write how it works. If possible, the first time Cinelerra-GG is run the "Tip of the day" window should show the "Alt+h" for help.
So, the new User can see it and remember (I hope) if She/He needs it.

IgorBeg

Does anyone have any objections to my changing the default Status Bar message in the lower right corner of the main program window from saying "Welcome to Cinelerra." to "Alt/h for Help on Mouse item." Welcome to Cinelerra conveys zero information and has only been more or less a placeholder for when there are no warning or other informative messages. And, yes, the Alt/h Help message will get written over, but at least it will most likely be seen once. Or is there better wording that is not too long