Andrew, > try this patch? > > Thanks for the patch - I should have known the fix went into ffmpeg.C instead of fileffmpeg.C. Sorry for getting it wrong.
BUT, the bad news is that the patch + uncommenting the ff->video_probe(1); line in fileffmpeg.C does not solve the use of extra memory. It seemed like it might have though. I finally found a definitive test case and this time saved it so I could find it again. Bummer. Since I often make mistakes, I ran it several times and verified that I correctly had the lines right. The results were consistent -- as soon as I uncommented "ff->video_probe(1); in fileffmpeg.C" whether or not the patch to ffmpeg.C was in, the memory usage went up about 18%. > > On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 10:09 PM Andrew Randrianasulu via Cin < >> [email protected]> wrote: >> >>> I think I spotted my error, resulting in memory leak.. >>> >>> Try to add >>> >>> av_frame_free(&frame); >>> >>> Just before return ret; line.. { line 1246 currently?} >>> >>> And after this re-enable line disabled in >>> commit eabda9cf447580a974fd3d67a3d0a26f09aeb523 >>> >>> ff->video_probe(1); in fileffmpeg.C >>> >>> And of course re-test ( i probably loaded only very small project or >>> number of files for noticing this.. :/) >>> >>>
-- Cin mailing list [email protected] https://lists.cinelerra-gg.org/mailman/listinfo/cin

