Hi

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM, Ned Haskin <feanor2...@covad.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2013-08-23 at 19:02 +0300, Einar Rünkaru wrote:
> >

> > On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 6:00 AM, Ned Haskin <feanor2...@covad.net>
> wrote:
> >         Thanks Einar,
> >

> >         >
> >         >         CinelerraCV-2.2 won't compile on my system  Why? What
> was the error?
> >

> >         Package collisions, as it says in readme.build 'Some of them are
> part of every distribution
> >         (if they aren't in yours, change you distrib. Not joking):'
> >
> > The text in file is outdated, newer versions of libraries are accepted.
> So you didn't try?
> No I didn't, how would I know that the file is outdated?
> >

> Manuals are always more or less outdated.

> > Nothing system-wide should be installed under root. It is home
> > directory ot the root account. And of course user ned17
> >
> > should not have permissions to anything under root.
>

> > Never compile anything as root.
> >
> I never do, only  make install as root

Good.

> ned17@videoathlon:~/cinelerra-4.4$ make
> make -f build/Makefile.cinelerra
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ned17/cinelerra-4.4'
> gcc -c -O2  -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 "-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2"
> -I../../thirdparty/freetype-*/include -I../../ -DHAVE_OSS
>

> It looks to me like some configure set something  else as the srcdir
> instead of
> /home/ned17/cinelerra-4.4/ . And if I was making as root, it would have
> come
> back as no file or directory error, unless it had created those folders.
> Sometime
> earlier.  They don't exist I checked. grep won't deal with /root/hvirtual
> because of the slashes
> And grep came up with 1000's of returns of hvirtual  [11515 lines in pluma]

I downloaded cinelerra-4.4-src and configured and compiled without errors.
Though the binary of cinelerra was not
built (missing bz2 library). Nothing tried to access to root.

I tried do apply the patch, but it didn't apply cleanly. Configure failed.
I did't find nothing in patch pointig to /root

Einar