On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 06:17:06PM +0100, Sam Stickland wrote: > "Afternoon all. Does anyone know anything about the minimum poll period > for an OID on a Cisco box? For example, I'm polling a 6500 for the in > and out octets for a layer 2 interface and I periodically get a response > of 0. Even with a period of 5 seconds this still happens. I know that > this isn't a true reading of the in/out octets as the port connects to a > market-data firewall which is continuously streaming market -data.
Octets = 0, not rate = 0. Are you not just seeing the octets counter wrap back to 0 every 2^32 bytes? You would be going good guns to loop the 64 bit counters often enough to care much, but my fagpacket says you'll wrap the 32 bit counter every hour at only 10Mbit/s. A quick look at a SUP720 based 6500 showed it reporting the same figure for 10 seconds at a time (on an interface looping the 32 bit counter every 30 seconds by the look of it). -- Euan Galloway _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
