David, Have you looked at Linksys's business managed switches? We use a few of them and they work pretty well.
http://www.linksys.com Look at the SRW2048 but it doesn't do layer 3. They are pretty cheap and should meet your budget. Regards, jason david raistrick wrote: > Folks, > > Looking for a switch or router recommendation. Haven't had a lot of time > to think about it yet, but here's what I know: > > at least 2 10/100/1000 (note that 10 requirement) copper > interfaces > > 4 or so GBIC ports for fiber connections > > a reasonable layer 3 feature set would be nice > > Small, 1u though I might be able to swing 2u (it's a wall-mount location). > > I only need to shove say 50Mb through the box reliably..if we get near > that I can justify replacing it with something better. > > > The other criteria: Cheap! (in the as-far-below-$2000-as-possible range) > > If I can't find a layer3 box that'll do the job what layer2 switches would > fit the bill? > > > suggestions? > > thanks (I just don't know the varying switch options very well..) > > > --- > david raistrick http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html > [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.expita.com/nomime.html > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
