hi, think of a router as a circle with you inside (center of that circle) :). inbound traffic is the traffic that come towards YOU through interface/SVI you want to configure ACL (SVI 100) an leaves the router through another interface.
outbound traffic is the destined traffic for vlan 100 that leaves the router through interface/SVI you want to configure ACL (SVI 100). as Dale said, when you apply ACL, try forget interface "Vlan100" is virtual. -- liviu. On Wednesday 11 April 2007 02:59, Kyle Evans wrote: > Hello, > > I'm wondering what the convention is for an access list on a vlan > interface. How do I tell what is inbound and what is outbound? For > example, if I have vlan 100 and a vlan interface 100 with ip address > 192.168.1.1 that serves as a gateway for 192.168.1.0/24, is traffic from > 192.168.1.0/24 to 192.168.1.1 inbound? Or is traffic from the rest of > the world back to 192.168.1.1 inbound? > > > Kyle > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
