The place I work for is currently moving their network to an MPLS network. I am 
trying to convince the executives we need customer routers at the remote sites 
behind the Service Providers Customer edge router. The Service provider will 
not allow us to use our own equipment for the customer edge router. Each site 
will only have 1 subnet to start, but may expand to three or four subnets (to 
allow for subnets to be created for things such as an unsecured subnet that 
only has access to the internet, but not our internal network, etc.), but the 
extra subnets are currently not needed. I also plan to connect a modem to allow 
for remote administration of the site if for some reason it goes down 
(including access to a Power bar with remote cababilites to allow power cycling 
any remote equipment if needed). Now those are the reasons I am looking to 
convince management to go with our own customer routers on premise, but is 
there any additional reasons? I appreciate any help.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to